There has been a rise recently in the number of would-be scammers, attempting to work the system. We advise members to be extra vigilant and report suspicious activity.
If you are caught trying to create additional accounts after being banned, or creating accounts with intentionally wrong infortaion (e.g. fake names, addresses or phone numbers) we will begin taking the following action:
- RBA will file a cyber fraud claim in your local jursdiction (yes, we can still find it, even with your fake address).
- RBA will file a cyber fraud claim with PayPal.
- RBA reserves the right to pursue scammers for legal fees and damages. You've been warned.
We work hard to facilitate a clean, safe and fair community for our members. Follow the Member Code of Conduct and everything will be just fine.
Tips for Bidding
- If you bid on hatching eggs, you're taking a risk. This is one of the easiest ways to scam buyers. Proceed with caution and understand the risk before you bid.
- If something looks too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do your homework. If a seller is claiming their birds come from a certain line or pedigree, check it out. All seller must have written permission from the breeder to clam lineage in their auction.
- Look out for fake or doctored photos.
- Do not engage in deals outside of RBA. Accountability aids in protection.
- Read reviews. This is our primary method of policing the site. If a brand new seller hits the site with really rare and/or expensive birds, proceed with caution.
- Do not ever "gift" money to a seller via PayPal. This may impact your ability to file for a refund through PayPal in the event of a bad transaction.
Thank you to everyone who has helped make this community great!